here, back with this tier’s short rundown of Raid Tips & Tricks for Battle for Azeroth’s first raid: Uldir
. Happy raiding!
Italicized mechanics still need confirmation, and as always, this page will continue to be updated as more of the Mythic content is seen and experienced. Please let me know in the comments section if there is a missing interaction you think should be included.
Taloc the Corrupted:
- CloS does NOT remove Malodorous Miasma but DOES work to prevent the application of Putrid Paroxysm if used 1-2 seconds before Miasma expires/would normally progress into Paroxysm.
- Feint works on Shockwave Stomp.
- Utilize Shadowstep or Grappling Hook while mid-air (you are not pacified/stunned) to maximize boss up-time.
- CloS prevents prevents damage from Rotting Regurgitation.
Hello! Kistler here with more Tips & Tricks for Antorus the Burning Throne. As we collectively progress through the raid, changes will be made to this guide: pruning unnecessary tips and adding interactions found during progression. Please help me with this process by leaving a comment here or pinging me on Discord (Kistler#0524) if you feel I have either omitted a significant interaction, or more importantly, if you believe an interaction listed below to be incorrect.
You’ll notice there are a few remaining italicized questions regarding how a handful of interactions play out. If you happen to know an answer or test one out yourself, please let me know. Thanks!
Now get out there and kill some bosses!
Portal Keeper Hasabel
- Interrupt each platform’s mini-boss, as well as imps on main platform
- Do not attempt to heal yourself up too aggressively on the Fel platform since the ticking damage is based off current HP
- CAUTION: If assigned to portal groups, beware, CloS removes the respective debuff you’re transporting
Essence of Eonar
- Remember, this is largely a trash-mob encounter—change your gear-set accordingly!
- Adds are susceptible to most forms of CC; make use of Prey on the Weak
- Direct Spear to edges of the platforms if targeted
Imonar the Soulhunter
- Pulse Grenade: CloS (prevents damage, but not knockback) & Feint
- Stasis Trap: CloS (prevents damage, but not stun) & Feint
- Charged Blasts: CloS & Feint
- Sleep Canister: CloS as the projectile travels toward you (prevents debuff, and therefore does not sleep nearby allies)
- You’ll likely be one of the first to reach Imonar during each transition, remember to do debuff maintenance and hold CDs until the rest of the raid reaches Imonar and his damage-reduction channel is interrupted
- Hold mid to long CDs for first set of Fel Reavers to capitalize on Initializing
- Be aware that DFA on this encounter, similiar to ToS’s FA, has a guaranteed landing spot, immediately behind the boss as you first approach him. Be careful not to accidentally DFA into A) Ruiner, B) the tank taking a Forging Strike hit, C) a Reverberating Strike pulse
- CloS no longer works on Demolish
- Intentionally taking Marked Prey hits is recommended given the reliability and quickness of Shadowstep
- Focus CCs and damage on the Embers before swapping to the Flame of Taeshalach adds
- Possible to utilize DFA animation to avoid knockback from Flame Rend and Wake of Flames, but be careful not to walk in front of him after landing; Shadowstep back to him after the raid-knockback, if not DFAing
- CloS/Feint works on Infernal Burning
- CloS/Feint works on Rain of Brimstone (Mythic-only)
- Assassination: Crimson Vial (with artifact trait) + Feint can solo soak without CD proccing
- NEW: assuming high ilvls, ~935, easily solo-soaked with Feint w/o proccing CD: deals 4.5m damage
Sisters of the Moon:
The Desolate Host:
Maiden of Vigilance:
Once again, as we all experience more of the content (read: Mythic), this page will become more conclusive. Please comment anything you feel I may have unintentionally left out. I’ll work to update this page as frequently as possible—so check back!
Hello! I’m Kistler, from Damage Networks-Stormrage, and welcome to NH-Tips & Tricks.
Ravenholdt.net used to house continuously updated, community-driven Tips & Tricks threads for each encounter within a raid tier, and I’ve personally rather missed having such guides as references. With the Rogue community as active and communicative as it is today, the time felt right to resume this practice for the Nighthold (and beyond!).
I have omitted several (not enough?) interactions I think trivial, to avoid cluttering this post, but if I have left anything out you think important, please let me know. This post will be regularly updated with further input from you all and as I further experience mythic encounters. Please comment any suggestions (“You FOOL! You forgot to mention xyz!), questions (Does insert racial ability here work on xyz?), or corrections.
Highlighted mechanics still need confirmation…halp!